Beauty therapist enjoys a welcome return to town
Last updated at 14:28, Monday, 14 March 2011
A BEAUTY therapist formerly based at Prudhoe’s Buzz Factory gym has found new premises in the town following the sudden closure of the Swalwell Close business.
For two years, Kellie Pattinson ran Beauty Buzz from a rented room at the gym, growing her client list to around 200.
However, the Buzz Factory had become crippled with financial problems, forcing owner Tony Hall to file for bankruptcy in January.
Following the closure, Kellie found temporary premises at Greenside gym, but was keen to return to her home town. This week, she was planning to set up shop above the White Tulip Wedding Company on Front Street.
“It’s a perfect location,” she said.
“I do a lot of work with weddings, so it’s great to have a wedding shop just below.
“There’s also a photographer based beside me, so it’s a great little empire!”
Kellie set up Beauty Buzz after seven years in the industry, which included working as a make-up artist on roadshows with leading cosmetic companies such as Versace, Benefit and Chanel.
During her time at the Buzz Factory, the premises were hit by electricity, plumbing and carbon monoxide problems, on top of the general impact of the recession.
When the boiler then broke, forcing the premises to close on January 11, Kellie decided it was time to go.
“I spoke to the Buzz Factory’s owners about how long they would be closed and – even when they thought it wouldn’t be permanent – I knew I couldn’t afford to be out of business,” she said.
“I felt sorry about the situation they were in – these things happen and it was no-one’s fault – but I had to think about my own business.”
Thankfully, Greenside gym contacted Kellie shortly after the closure.
The vast majority of her clients were happy to make the move, while a few promised to book again with her on her return to Prudhoe.
“Everyone has been fantastic,” she said.
“I’ve worked hard to achieve what I’ve achieved and I didn’t want it to come tumbling down.
“Fingers crossed, with this happening over January and February, it hasn’t affected a lot of people.
“Hopefully, I’ll get things back on track during the spring.”
Beauty Buzz can be contacted on 07952 739 276.
First published at 09:07, Monday, 14 March 2011
Published by http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk
- Hexham Courant
- Prudhoe Town Council
- Northumberland County Council
- Prudhoe Jubilee Party
- Prudhoe Allotment Association
- Prudhoe Community Partnership
- Prudhoe Community High School
- St Mary Magdalene Parish Church
- Prudhoe & District U3A
- Prudhoe Gleemen
- Prudhoe Dolphins Swimming Club
- Prudhoe Castle
- Prudhoe Golf Club
- Prudhoe Westworld gymnastics and trampolining
- Prudhoe Waterworld Leisure Centre
- Prudhoe Community Partnership
- Prudhoe Community Allotment
- Prudhoe: Project takes flight to give Falcon a £300,000 revamp
- County-wide order on Ovingham man
- Prudhoe: Football club’s goal for community centre site
- Castlefields residents were right to kick up a stink
- Service needs to provide answers (1 comment)
- Prudhoe woman’s cycle race tragedy
- Hexham Darts League
- Swimming pool opening times